End of Life Care – Palliative & Hospice Care
Sadly, there comes a time when we all must say goodbye to someone we love. End of life care is crucial to ensuring the comfort of your loved one in their final days.
If they choose to have the care take place in their home, they will have the chance to enjoy their final moments in the presence of their family, friends, pets, and possessions.
Retire-At-Home Victoria is dedicated to upholding the dignity and privacy of your loved one during their care. We provide both respite to the family, as well as assistance completing daily tasks, managing meals, and personal care. We want you and your loved one to share as much quality time together as possible.
What is Palliative Care?
Retire-At-Home Victoria’s Palliative Care or Hospice Care is defined as the compassionate care of a patient and family when a cure is no longer possible. Our Palliative Care is designed to support those in the final phases of a terminal illness, so they can focus on comfort and quality of life.
Our extensively trained staff will provide truly compassionate and universal care that exceeds your expectations and helps maintain the quality of life of your loved one – physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Palliative Care strives to help clients and families:
- Address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical issues, and their associated expectations, needs, hopes, and fears;
- Prepare for and manage self-determined life closure and the dying process;
- Cope with loss and grief during the illness and bereavement.
Palliative Care aims to:
- Monitor and manage ongoing issues and concerns related to the client’s health and well-being;
- Provide preventative measures and continuity of care for complete comfort of the client;
- Promote opportunities for meaningful and valuable experiences, personal and spiritual growth, and self-actualization.
Retire-At-Home recommends palliative care for anyone living with a terminal illness, regardless of age, who is ready to accept help.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Bob and Linda
Bob and Linda
Watch a Video of one of our Clients discussing the Palliative Care she received from Retire-At-Home for her husband.
Our total care approach to hospice palliative care includes:
- Monitoring of the client’s health and revision of their care plan as needed;
- Assistance with pain management;
- Regular sponge bathing and personal care;
- Mouth care;
- Positioning and repositioning in bed to promote skin integrity;
- Monitoring of and assistance with dietary needs;
- Regular communication with other health professionals involved;
- Regular communication with family members;
- Assurance of the dignity, respect, and privacy of the client as per their direction and religious beliefs;
- Arrangements for Home Medical Equipment and Supplies;
- Assurance of consistency of care by filling in the gaps with public services.
Let our team of palliative care specialists manage the care of your loved one, day or night. With our support, you can take the opportunity to spend quality time with them, knowing that you are providing comfort care and respecting their last wishes.
Contact us today to discuss the home care options for you or a loved one in Greater Victoria, or to book a Free In-Home Consultation.
We proudly serve the following towns and communities in Greater Victoria:
Victoria, Oak Bay, James Bay, Colwood, North Saanich, Central Saanich, Saanich, Sydney, Langford, View Royal, Metchosi