As we age, the medications we must take often become overwhelming. Take charge of your medications with professional guidance!
With all the vitamins, supplements, and prescriptions, it is easy to feel confused or under informed. With Retire-At-Home Victoria’s Medication Management Service, you don’t have to feel this way anymore.
Retire-At-Home can monitor, manage, and review the medications you take to help ensure that taking your medication is an easy and stress-free task. To do so, our pharmacists perform regular, in-home medication reviews.
Our Medication Management Service in Greater Victoria includes:
- Performance of quarterly audits on the medication being taken.
- Review of medication instructions and intake directions.
- Removal of all discontinued medications from the home.
- Advice on any concerns and questions related to your medications.
To avoid becoming overwhelmed, here are some tips for managing your medication:
- Keep a list of your medications with you at all times
- Keep informed about your medications. Learn why you are taking them and any possible side effects they may cause.
- Take note of any side effects you are experiencing and inform your doctor immediately
- Always take your medications as directed. For example, with food or before bedtime, and make sure you understand the effects alcohol may have on the medication
- Do not take any additional medications without consulting your doctor or pharmacist first
- Know the possible consequences of missing a dose
- Dispose of any expired or discontinued medication
- Inform your doctor of every medication you take, even vitamins and over-the-counter medications
- Always read the labels on your medication. Ask your pharmacist if they can make the print larger if you are having trouble reading the small print
- Never mix your medications in the same container (they can interact with each other and create a different chemical reaction)
- Inform your doctor if you decide to stop taking a medication. If a certain medication is causing you problems, you may be able to take an alternative medication. Some medications also need to be gradually reduced in order to avoid problems
- Never share your medication
- Only take medication that has been approved by your doctor
- Do not change the way (time or dosage) you take a medication without consulting your doctor
At Retire-At-Home Victoria, your health is our top priority. If you need assistance with your medications, our in-home medication review service may benefit you.
Contact us today to discuss the home care options for you or a loved one in Greater Victoria, or to book a Free In-Home Consultation.
We proudly serve the following towns and communities in Greater Victoria:
Victoria, Oak Bay, James Bay, Colwood, North Saanich, Central Saanich, Saanich, Sydney, Langford, View Royal, Metchosin.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Bob and Linda
Bob and Linda