Seniors’ Transportation Services
As we age, it becomes much harder to get around, especially when it comes to transportation. Our Transportation Services will get you to where you need to be!
Our certified, licensed, and insured caregivers will provide safe and comfortable transportation, as well as pleasant company, at your favorite events, social functions, religious services, and beyond.
If you need transportation to and from the hospital, doctor’s office, or recovery center, our caregivers will be there to help. Additionally, we will help you pack for visits with family or friends, and help run errands on the way.
Driving Options and Related Costs:
Some important considerations when it comes to transportation are the cost, the means, and the insurance provided. Our caregivers can provided transportation services in three ways:
1. Escorting the client in a taxi or other third-party transportation company.
- When a caregiver accompanies a client in a taxi, the client will pay the normal cost for the caregiver’s time.
- The client also pays for the cost of the taxi.
- If arranged in advance, the Retire-At-Home caregiver can pay for the taxi, and the cost can be added to the client’s regular invoice. There is no upcharge on the taxi cost from Retire-At-Home.
2. Driving the Client in the Caregiver’s Vehicle
- While many of our caregivers have their own vehicles, they may not have the proper insurance to drive clients around.
- If a client would like to have a Retire-At-Home caregiver transport them in the caregiver’s vehicle, Retire-At-Home will ensure the proper insurance is in place before booking the shift for an outing.
- When caregivers use their own vehicle to drive a client, the client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, as well as a modest per-kilometer charge to cover gas and wear-and-tear on the vehicle.
- Retire-At-Home has a special waiver form that must be signed in advance of taking this service.
3. Driving the Client in the Client’s Vehicle
- Many seniors own their own vehicle, but are no longer capable or willing to drive it themselves. If the client chooses, the caregiver can drive their vehicle for the outings and appointments.
- In situations like this, Retire-At-Home will request a copy of the client’s vehicle insurance, which will cover additional drivers.
- Retire-At-Home will obtain a copy of the caregiver’s valid drivers’ license.
- The client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, and there are no additional charges to the transportation.
- Retire-At-Home has a special waiver form that must be signed once in advance of taking this service.
In addition to our short-term transport services, we also offer extended travel escort and assistance. We are available to help fly loved ones out to visit family, attend important events, or move. We will manage all travel arrangements, assist them through security, and provide company when traveling to ensure the safe arrival of your loved one at their destination.
For more information on your options for Seniors’ Transportation Services, please contact our office. We are pleased to help you under all the scenarios listed above.
Contact us today to discuss the home care options for you or a loved one in Greater Victoria, or to book a Free In-Home Consultation.
We proudly serve the following towns and communities in Greater Victoria:
Victoria, Oak Bay, James Bay, Colwood, North Saanich, Central Saanich, Saanich, Sydney, Langford, View Royal, Metchosin.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Bob and Linda
Bob and Linda